I am one of those resolution people. I love them. I make them all year long. So without further ado, this year’s list:
1. Health. I am going to do a better job of taking care of me. Less junk in, more good stuff in, should make for a better me.
2. Exercise. Ha. Doesn’t everyone have this in some form on their list? Well, I’m here to tell you – this year it’s for real. I finally have the energy to exercise and in theory will have some time too. So now it’s just getting myself into a routine and making it a part of my life. Game on.
3. Parenting. I could go on forever about the ways I would like to be a better parent. But for brevity, let me just say I will continue to learn from my mistakes everyday.
4. Friends and Family. I have some very dear people in my life. This year I plan on letting them all know it.
5. Career. Hmmmm, many ideas brewing. Time for a little action.
6. Home. The tiniest bit of organization would seriously change my life. I will never be uber-organized, but a tiny bit? Surely I can do a tiny bit.
7. Continue learning. Things I would like to spend time learning: features of my computer, features of my camera, coding, publishing, editing, sewing.
8. Self. This one may sound strange, but I am going to make an effort to be in more photos. To not criticize myself in photos. I don’t want my children to look back in 20 years and not have any photos of their mom because I thought my double chin was unflattering. So I guess, this one is about accepting myself the way I am.
And because it bears repeating from last year:
Try to see the world through the eyes of a 5 1/2-year-old.
Try to see the world through the eyes of a 3-year-old.
Show my husband I value him as much as I value our children.
Make sure my parents understand how appreciated they are.
Give myself permission to make mistakes, fix them and get on with life.