For some light reading after my extended blog yesterday, I will talk about tennis. Not about pro tennis, but about my desire to play tennis. I have a few things going against me at the present moment where tennis in concerned:
1. a raquet – I don’t have one.
2. a partner – as in someone who will play tennis with me.
3. time – as in without children around to get bonked in the head with a racquet or flying ball.
4. weather – it’s getting chilly out there, though I suppose running around a bit would warm me up.
5. the running thing – hmm, it’s been a while since I have done much of that running stuff.
All that being said. I love playing tennis. I haven’t played in at least 10 years and I miss it. So come spring, if not before, I plan on getting my act together.
1. Racquet is on wish list for Christmas.
2. Anyone want to play with me? If not, maybe Maggie will be ready to learn this spring?
3. Time is getting more and more on my side. I can work with scheduling now better than I have been able to for the last 5 years.
4. Weather – I have heard tell of these things called indoor courts. There’s also the whole bundle up and remember you’re a Yankee, so you can handle the cold.
5. Running – well, if we play doubles, you really don’t have to run THAT much. Or I’d happily spring for extra balls so we can let the really far ones go… or maybe I’ll just get my butt in gear and get moving again.
P.S. Spellchecker wants me to change racquet to racket, but I’m not buying it. Does someone know what the “accepted” spelling is these days?